Friday, April 06, 2007

Progress....


We are making progress with our bathroom projects. Today a different tile installer came and put down cement board on the two bathroom floors and tiled the upstairs bathroom. Here's how that bathroom looks now. I never heard what happened to yesterday's installers. I hope someone found them! We ended up taking the upstairs vanity out so the tile could be laid underneath it. The funny white lines on the floor are actual rays of sunshine coming through the window. I haven't seen the sun in so long that I had to look twice!


Meanwhile, Dear Hubby decided to replace that nasty, rusty toilet ring downstairs and it turned into a bigger job than anticipated. Why is it that all our projects do that??? First he had to run to the plumbing supply store to get exactly the right replacement part, and then he had to get the old ring off. Here he is, with his man tools, working away.


Tomorrow, the tile man will return to tile the downstairs bathroom, and then will come again on Monday to grout both floors. Perhaps by Tuesday evening we'll be able to put the toilets back in place. This afternoon we're going to work on stripping wall paper and doing wall repair since tomorrow we'll be kept out of both bathrooms while the tile cement dries. We will have one more weekend before all the children come home. Will we have three working bathrooms by then? Stay tuned!

2 comments:

meggie said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. You made me laugh, about your tiles. I hope they dont have to be used to lie on! I would love to have a new bathroom...sigh. But still, I have other things to bless me.
It is now Easter Saturday here, so I hope your tiles were done & toilets back in, before your guests arrived.

Sheila said...

Why does one job always lead to another..?
It's the same here. Lots of upheaval but it will be worth it.
Have aHappy Easter, even though it sounds like it will be a busy one.
xx
Thank you for the comment on my post too.
x