Sunday, December 23, 2007

I Am the Lucky Recipient......

.....of wonderful gifts commemorating Mrs. Goodneedle's 300th blog post! The gifts arrived yesterday and were such a great treat. They came with a lovely snowman notecard congratulating me on being the lucky winner. One of the gifts is a pair of Life is Good snuggle socks which will certainly be put to good use this cold winter. I can never see anything "Life is Good" without thinking of her! The other item is the book, Firstlight, by Sue Monk Kidd. She is one of my favorite authors, yet I haven't read this book. From the back cover: "These collected stories and essays are organized around thirteen spiritual motifs. They trace Monk Kidd's development as a writer and spiritual seeker; explore her roles as mother, daughter, wife, nurse, and artist; and reflect on what she has learned in settings as far-flung as Africa and as familiar as her own home." I'm so eager to start this book, which of course is made additionally special because I know it is one of Mrs. G.'s favorites and so meaningful to her. Until the craziness of the holidays subsides, it will rest on my bedside table in anticipation and as a visual reminder of a long and wonderful friendship. (But, truth be known, I never need a reminder of something so precious and important!) Thank you so much, Mrs. G. Here's to many more wonderful posts from you, which always brighten my day and help me feel closer to you even though we're far apart.

No comments: