Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tupperware Tales


Inspired by Mrs. Goodneedle's organizational skills this week, I thought I'd post about my Tupperware storage which has evolved over the years. When the kids were little, I had a Tupperware cabinet, which they loved to get into and pull every single piece out onto the floor. Here's oldest son, enjoying one of his favorite games. How many times did I pick all that up???












Now I have two Tupperware drawers where things stay pretty tidy. Please notice I have some vintage pieces, all orange, gold, and an occasional avacado green piece! I love storing Tupperware this way....I can pull out the drawer and see every piece, not climb down on all fours to find something that has crawled to the very back of the cupboard. But this has got me to thinking, what will my little grandchildren do when they come to Grammie's house? Drawers don't make Tupperware-exploring very easy. I wonder if I will have to come full circle and go back to a cabinet?












Now, my sock drawer....well, that's another story and please note I did not share photos of that!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The drawers would be handy for Tupperware, but you're right-- not nearly as fun for a wee one! I have another low cabinet in the kitchen where I keep a laundry basket full of toys and coloring books, crayons, etc. When little ones come to visit they can play to their hearts content... I have a feeling that will be utilized a LOT before too long ;)

Ancestor Collector said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the old tupperware...I still have a few yellow and orange pieces... and the drawers to put them in. Very good idea.

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of organizing as well. I am in the closet and bedroom drawers right now. I have been inspired by you to move on to the kitchen when I finish.

blushing rose said...

I am curious about your ancestral 'tracking'. We do the same, too.

Have a great & enjoyable weekend. TTFN ~Marydon