Monday, February 19, 2007

Laundry Lady


I promised I would post a picture so here it is. My new washer and dryer are here, and besides being quite the color, they are also so efficient and wonderfully quiet. It's a bit unusual to watch your undies go around through the glass door, but it's certainly made doing the laundry much more fun. My wash dries in only 45 minutes, such an improvement over the hour and a half it took the old machine. The new washer feels like a space ship taking off when it spins on the highest cycle and it holds such large loads! I gave Hubby the grand tour and a brief lesson on the care and feeding of such wonderful machines. I wouldn't want him to live his life in dirty clothes should something happen to me! He seemed somewhat interested. I've also found myself wondering what more I can launder. I've stripped the bed, washed all the towels, plus all the clothes....next I'll do all the door and bath mats in the house. I wonder how long this new novelty will last and when washing clothes will go back to being the same old drudgery it used to be?

No comments: