Friday, August 03, 2007

My New Cell Phone

I got a new cell phone today...a Motorola KRZR. My old one was giving me problems....it kept shutting itself off unexpectedly, even in the middle of a call. So, with our trip to Europe pending, I decided to upgrade my phone. The deals were great because my service contract was up and "The New AT&T" wanted to keep me as a customer. But the story started two days ago when I ordered a phone on-line through their website. Yesterday I got an email saying it was out-of-stock and back-ordered. Now why was I allowed to order it if it was out-of-stock?? I called Customer Care, only to be on the phone for over an hour with three different customer care representatives, none of whom could tell me when I would get my phone. With our trip looming, I needed to do something quicker than that. So finally, finally, the last rep agreed to cancel my order and reset my service contract date back to 2004 and then I could order another phone. BUT, that all wouldn't be in effect until at least 48 hours away, and then I'd have to wait till sometime next week for the phone to be mailed to me. "How can a get a phone sooner than a week from now?", I asked. I was told I could go to the AT&T store and a manager there would be able to give me the Internet price (a dramatic savings over store prices). So, after one failed trip to the store yesterday (no manager on duty to do the over-ride!), I finally got my phone today. It's lovely...it matches my eyes...hahaha...and it has fun capabilities. Thankfully, my youngest son is coming home for a visit next week and he's my expert on all things media. I want him to put our family photo on this phone to have as my wallpaper (just like my old phone), and he'll put song clips on it that will ring when family members call me. How would I know it was him calling me if my phone didn't sing, "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables??? Oh, and my new phone has a camera too. I never thought I'd needed one before, but it might come in handy occasionally. Seems like you can't get a cell phone without one now. So, I'm excited to have updated technology and blue is such a nice color!

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have a Motorola razor/camera and love it. It's not blue and it doesn't have internet access (don't subscribe to that!) nor do I "text"; but am quite happy nonetheless. Ah-- but then that iphone is one cute little item! Something for the future... enjoy your new toy!