Friday, January 26, 2007

Sore Muscles Feel So Good!


I've been a bit busy of late. I've joined a local gym and I'm trying to get the exercise that I need during this cold winter. Usually I walk 2.5 miles every morning, but my next-door neighbor who I have walked with for 20 years, has moved away. Now, my friend Andrea (yes, of the socks fame) and I are meeting everyday to go through our paces. 40 minutes or so on the treadmill, a round of stretching and sit-ups on the mats, and twice a week we use the Nautilus machines. I am going to be buff! Hahaha!

I have a few sore muscles to say the least, but they feel so good all at the same time. I'm reminded that it's good to move, good to sweat, and good to have someone to share the time with. We have no competition (Andrea's much more fit than I am anyway) and we just encourage each other on. It would be easy to just stay at home and not exercise, but I'm being held accountable. For 20 years, my neighbor would always be waiting at the end of the driveway for me each morning, and now, Andrea expects me to be at the gym. I need that push, that extra reason to get going, and after the work-out is done, I feel so good! So these sore muscles are a good reminder that I'm doing something healthy, something necessary, and I'm sharing it with a good friend which makes it fun!

No comments: