Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Here we are on the second day of January and we've only had a trace of snow. Some would say that's a good thing, but I'm starting to miss the quiet, pristine scene after a good snowfall. This photo was taken last year from our front door. There is something about this fluffy blanket of winter transforming the dull brown of late fall. And in the spring, it's exciting to see the heads of the crocuses poking out from under their mantle of white. The seasons change and with those changes come our own, but what if winter never comes this year? Will I miss my own changes as well?

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I doubt that you'd miss your own changes; we are much more adaptable than you'd think. I know this is true. I changed just the same way even when I lived in places where winter wasn't. Enjoy the unseasonable warmth, embrace God's daily gifts!

Shelina said...

Winter will come, don't worry. It always does. And then it will snow, and people will drive crazy, and you'll slip on the ice, and feel too cold, and start looking forward to spring.