Monday, January 15, 2007

Tools of the Trade

Hubby and I have spent the weekend painting our bedroom. We last painted it about four years ago….and I never liked that color blue from the very first brush stroke!! But Hubby loved it, so I put up with it and tried to get along as best I could. But now time has come to replace the carpeting, and since I just couldn’t live one day longer with that BLUE, the painting tools came out. So now the walls are a lovely shade of warm yellow, new sandy tan carpet will be installed tomorrow, and with the new comforter and window treatments, this will bring us into the 21st century.

Normally, painting a room would be a fun project, but this makes the fifth room we’ve painted since October. I’ve been on a redecorating binge of late. In the above photo, you can see that awful shade of blue on the sanding tool….it took three coats to cover it and I worried for a while that it may require four. I declared this morning that if a room took more than three coats of paint to cover the old color then I just wouldn’t have the energy for it. But now that it’s dry and I’ve studied it carefully, I declare the job done! So this post is a declaration of accomplishment, an homage to change, and a sigh of relief that we don’t have any more rooms to paint in the foreseeable future!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looks good!

Sheila said...

I dislike painting. I must be getting old, years ago I would do it without a second thought!
I hope we will get to see the finished product..?
I can at least enjoy decorating vicariously..!!